The old and damaged electric wires not just lead to major electric fires but sometimes also result in electrocution when anyone comes in contact with the exposed wires. If any uninsulated electric wire touches the combustible material, then it leads to a fatal fire at your house. Therefore, if the electric wires at your house are old and degraded, then you should call a good electrician like electrician Northern Beaches to install new wires. Installation if the new electric wire can prevent many lives and your property as well. There are various reasons to install new electric wires at your home and some of them are listed below:
1. Dim Or Flickering Lights
If you observe a dim, flickering or buzzing lights in your house, then you should immediately call a good electrician for immediate replacement of electric wires. When you turn ON the light and it starts flickering, then it is one of the signs that you need to replace your electric wires. The same condition is applied when the light becomes dim, especially the high wattage systems. The light dimming is normal, but if you observe it more than often, then it means the electric circuit is overloaded. The proper electric system never leads to flickering or dimming of electric lights. Therefore, if you are observing these two signs at your home, you should call an expert like an electrician at Northern Beaches Sydney for help.
2. Buzz Sound From Electric Outlets
If you observe any buzzing sound from the electric outlet, then it is a clear indication that there is loose or degraded wiring inside the electric box. It is important to replace that electric outlet as soon as possible. The buzzing sound is due to spark generated inside the outlet. This spark can lead to discolored switches. The buzzing sound from the electric outlet is not just because of the fault electric box, but there is one more reason behind this situation- faulty or degraded electric wiring in the circuit. Usually, faulty electric wiring leads to short-circuit. The electric spark inside the electric outlet also produces a heating effect.
3. Burning Stench
If you have a doubt that there is an electric problem in the house, then use your nose. The burning smell or smoke odor indicates that there is a major electric issue. Usually, before starting an electric fire, the burning smell spread around because the electric short circuit leads to little fire. The electric fire has different smell a compare to other types of fires. The electric fire spread out the acrid smell. The best way to prevent life and property from electric fire is to call an electric professional immediately like Northern Beaches emergency electricians. Never ignore the burning smell due to electric wires. The old and degraded wire can lead to a major electrical fire.
4. Electric Shock In Switches or Outlets
An electric outlet or switch that produces shock is a direct indication that you need to replace your electric wires. This generally takes place when a non-insulated electric wire is touching the conduit that is comprised of different wires. If your plug-in any device in these outlets, then it will produce electric shocks. This situation occurs when the electric wire has lost its insulation or degraded.
If you remove all the devices from the outlet and it still produces a shock, then it is important to call an electrician who can do proper wire examination.
5. Often Tripping Of Circuit breakers
The electric circuit breakers are installed to prevent our building from any electric hazard. If the electric circuit at your house gets overloaded, then the circuit breaker will trip down. But, if this happens often, then it indicates that there is a problem in the electric circuitry of your house. You should immediately call an expert like electrical contractors northern beaches who can check the electric system. In most cases, this condition due to old and degraded wires. The electrician will remove the old wiring system with a new one.
6. Frayed Electric Wiring
Sometimes, rodents can chew up the electric wires and expose them to a potential fire hazard. Also, sometimes the non-experienced electrician leaves uninsulated wires and that leads to major electric accidents. Therefore, you should never call an amateur electrician in your house for any repair work. Always, take the help of an experienced electrician. Also, you should ask the electrician to replace the frayed wiring with a good one.
7. Heating Of Walls
Check your wall by just touching them! If they are heated up and vibrating as well, then it indicated bad electric wiring. Also, you feel that your dimmer switch is heated up and other electric switches are at normal state, then it clearly indicates wiring issues. Heating of walls is a big sign, therefore, never ignore it and immediately call a qualified electrician.